- Tuesday, October 29th – Al-Anon meet at 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 1st – “Sit with Jesus” meditation time at 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, November 1st – Choir practice at 2:00 p.m. at St. John.
- Wednesday, November 6th – Pastor Carlton leading worship at the Last Mountain Pioneer Home at 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 6th – Worship & Parish Life Committee meet at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 8th – “Sit with Jesus” meditation time at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 13th – 7:30 p.m. – Joint Council meeting at Norrona. Norrona Council will meet at 6:30 and St. John Council will meet after the Joint Council meeting.
- Friday, November 15th – “Sit with Jesus” meditation time at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, November 21st – ELW meet at 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 22nd – “Sit with Jesus” meditation time at 9:00 a.m.
- Monday, November 25th – Norrona will have a work bee to prepare meals for Carmichael Outreach, in the church basement, beginning at 9 a.m. Please bring electric frying pans and spoons. If you are able to help, let Sharon Harvey know by November 18th.
- Friday, November 29th – “Sit with Jesus” meditation time at 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, December 1st – Potluck lunch after church at Norrona, followed by our annual birthday/anniversary celebration.
- Sunday, December 1st – 7:00 p.m. annual Prelude to Christmas in the Strasbourg Hall. There will be baskets set up for donations towards the community Christmas hampers, and a silver collection taken at the door. The Lutheran church is responsible for setting up tables & chairs and setting out the lunch this year so if you can help with that, please be at the hall by 5:30. Each church is asked to provide dainties for 50 people (3 pieces/person) for the lunch following the program.
- Sunday, December 8th – 2:00 p.m. in the basement of the Strasbourg Hall – the Shared Ministry Committee is organizing a Nativity Celebration. Anyone who has a nativity scene they would like to display please bring it along. At 2:30 we will be presenting a ‘live nativity scene’ & Christmas story from the book of Luke. Lunch will be provided and a silver collection plate set out to help cover the cost of the hall rental. If you would like to bring a nativity scene or need further information please speak with Carol Schultz, Margot Biller, Corri Gorrill or Brenda Small.
- Friday, December 20th – 9:00 a.m. at the United Church – Community Christmas hampers will be assembled and delivered. If you know of anyone/family who could benefit from a hamper this Christmas, please talk with them and make sure they want one and if so, give their names to Pastor Carlton. We would like to know the ages of all children and whether the hampers need to be delivered or will be picked up.
If you have a loved one in hospital and want a pastoral visit, please call Pastor Carlton @ (639) 590-6400 or Chaplaincy @ (639) 560-4773.
Anyone interested in a service of blessing for their home, please contact pastor. Got questions? How about answers AND blessings! Book now and get blessed!
St John – Norrona Lutheran Parish
Strasbourg & Bulyea, SK
Sunday October 27, 2019
Service of the Word – ELWB
Pastor – Rev. Carlton Larsen
Parish Phone (306) 725-3113
Parish Secretary – Andria Bender Home (306) 725-3783
Parish Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Council Chairperson – Corey Nordal Home – (306) 725-3799
St. John Chairperson – Marvin Kelln Home – (306) 725-4563
Norrona Chairperson – Merna Hanson Home – (306) 725-4582
Organists for this Sunday – Rhonda de Hoop and Brenda Small
Ministers – ALL GOD’S PEOPLE